Remember when I said that my life is so much more than the pursuit of a PhD?
I’ve been keeping a “bucket list” now for a couple of years. It’s helped me defined what I truly want to do and see and become in my life. After finding Joel Runyon’s Blog of Impossible Things, I was inspired to refashion my list because my bucket list just wasn’t aiming high enough.
This list is designed to evoke statements like Girl, you crazy. You can’t do all that. That’s impossible.
But as I’ve mentioned before, now is the time to be outrageous.
Even more than that, though, putting this list together forced me to define an ideal future filled with possibility.
So without further ado, I present…
My Future Fun Facts
- Help 100 entrepreneurs better their lives with micro-loans through Kiva.org [check out my progress here]
- Help 100 students fund their education through Vittana.org [0/100]
- Start and sustain a scholarship for college-bound high school students
- Volunteer on one UN online project per year
- Publish a paper
- and another one
- and another one
- give a lecture at Cornell (
as a TA, as a guest lecturer)
- Become a walking reference manual for SAS, SPSS, R, Evernote, Refworks
- design a full semester course
- design an online course
- Complete 50 push ups in a row
- Handstand or any inverted yoga pose
200 consecutive squats
- Complete one unassisted pull up (then five)
- learn Parkour
- Become proficient in four styles of martial arts (
Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Jujitsu, Kung Fu)
- Visit every continent (
North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, Antarctica)
- Macchu Picchu
- Hagia Sophia
- Camino de Santiago (
- Pilgrimage to Rome
Great Wall of China
- Learn to surf
- Learn to hang glide
- Scuba dive
- Do an unassisted back flip
- Ride a bike in a foreign country
- Earn $5,000/year freelancing
- Make a full time second income online (~$30,000 per year)
- Write an e-book (besides my Evernote guide)
- save $100,000
- Design a Tiny House
- Build a Tiny House
- Speak four languages besides English (Spanish, French, German, Esperanto)
- Compete at Pre-Champ Level in two of four ballroom styles (Smooth, Standard, Rhythm, Latin)
- Sing part of the Hallelujah Chorus
And that’s it for now! Do you have an “impossible” goal or list of goals?